As part of a €40 million grant awarded by the EU to the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC), also known as Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm Limited (AOWFL) under the European Energy Programme for Recovery (EEPR), around €3 million has been committed for the sole purpose of environmental research and monitoring. A number of organisations, including Marine Scotland Science, will have an active role in steering the allocation of that funding, through EOWDC’s Scientific Research & Monitoring Panel (the Panel), to those areas most in need of further research, based on their collective expertise and knowledge.
Call for Proposals for Funding
The Panel have defined the environmental topic areas of most interest and AOWFL are interested in hearing from applicants who have proposals for environmental research and development projects to be funded as part of the Scientific Research and Monitoring Programme. The application process, which will be in two stages, is now open to Expressions of Interest (EoI’s) and all interested parties should complete the online EoI form. Further information for applicants is also provided under ‘documents for reading/completion’ on this webpage and should be read carefully prior to completing the EoI. Health and Safety Prequalification Questionnaires must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. All required information must be supplied for a valid application.
The closing date for EoI’s is midnight 2nd September 2016 and successful parties will be notified and requested to provide a detailed proposal following close of the EoI round. Unsuccessful parties will also be notified.
Expert Panel Membership
The Scientific Research & Monitoring Panel members include:
- Dr Stuart Gibb of the University of the Highlands and Islands (Chair)
- Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH)
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- Marine Scotland Science (MSS)
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC)
- Local Authorities (LA)
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- Association of Salmon Fishery Boards (ASFB)
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation (WDC)
- The Crown Estate (TCE)
- Aberdeen Renewable Energy Group (AREG),
- Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm Limited (AOWFL)
- Marine Scotland Licensing Operations Team (MS-LOT)
- European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (also known as the Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm)