Scottish Government Secondment Opportunity — Digital Communication Manager – Corporate Communications, Office of the Director-General Health and Social Care and Chief Executive, NHSScotland
Applications are invited from digital communications professionals with exceptional strategic knowledge of all aspects of digital engagement and communication, web architecture and content management systems.
This secondment offers an excellent opportunity to develop knowledge and experience of delivering effective digital communications and engagement in support of Scottish Government policy for health and social care. The role is key to ensuring that the Health and Social Care Directorates have an effective and engaging online presence, consistent with the First Minister’s ambitions for open government and the Scottish Government’s digital first strategy. Working with policy and communications colleagues across the Scottish Government and NHSScotland, the postholder will be required to show leadership in ensuring that we are at the forefront of digital developments, managing our online presences, providing advice and support and promoting the use of effective digital communication.
The secondment will be for a 23 month period initially with the possibility of extension, and is based at St Andrew’s House, Edinburgh.
1. To provide leadership of staff who are engaged in the process of publishing and approving web content across the Health and Social Care Directorates.
2. To be responsible for all web content generated by the Health and Social Care Directorates, ensuring that it is all fit for publication and adheres to agreed web standards and styles.
3. To train and support a network of staff who are involved in the process of publishing web content.
4. To liaise with staff to generate timely and useful online content.
5. To promote digital communication in all its forms across the Health Directorates.
6. To evaluate the effectiveness of online publication and engagement through key channels and platforms.
7. To edit and publish key online publications including the Health and Social Care eNewsletter.
7. To stay abreast of current technologies and methodologies in order to ensure that the Health and Social Care Directorates are at the forefront of digital developments.
8. Provide leadership and co-ordination for NHSScotland digital communication, maintaining excellent working relationships and chairing the Social Media sub-group of the Strategic Communicators Group.
Skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications required
The successful candidate must have:
1. At least five years’ experience of digital communications/publishing and digital engagement
2. Experience of providing advice and support on the effective use of digital engagement platforms including knowledge of the most current thinking on digital engagement
3. Hands on experience of using Content Management Systems
4. Experience of evaluating digital communication/engagement
5. Demonstrable project management experience
6. Excellent communications skills with the ability to build excellent relationships at all levels.
7. Experience of delivering government engagement programmes.
In addition, it would be desirable if the candidate can demonstrate: knowledge and experience of the full communications mix; and strategic communications planning knowledge and experience.
Remuneration and conditions of secondment
The successful candidate will remain on their employers salary rate, terms and conditions. They will continue to be paid by their employer and will remain an employee of their organisation during the period of secondment. The employer (donor) organisation will be expected to invoice the Scottish Government Directorate representative on a quarterly basis to recover salary and on costs during the secondment period.
Further information and applications
For further information or an informal chat about the secondment opportunity, please contact Andrew Wilkie on Andrew.Wilkie@gov.scot or telephone 0131 244 1830.
The donor employer must consent to the secondment application being put forward.
Applications for this secondment should be made by forwarding a CV and covering letter by Friday, April 15, 2016 to: Andrew.Wilkie@gov.scot